Cubase Pro 8.5 Upgrade

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
wetstreet

Cubase Pro 8.5 Upgrade

Post by wetstreet »

Hi ,

Cannot down this large file of 9 Gb , best this speeds can do 1 gb at a time ,
I see now the server is back on , but as advised on this forum , i tried Download Manager /s , it keeps stopping , I can now access My steinberg , but just cannot get to Steinberg techinal support email , My Forum support is now completely ignored , now as as i asked for a beak up of Parts of 1/2 gb.

, seen your latest link DVD 9 version still 7 GB ++, with the slow crawling Internet speeds here , i will never be able to down load 7 Gb at a time , not even 3 gb at a time , why not break up the file to 1 gb parts , like its already done with GA 4, add to this problem the server was down etc .. what would be so difficult to do that as its already done with GA 4 . i am a good customer having Halion 4.5, n more etc , cubase 6.5 now the update 8.5 that , isnt happening , though i paid in Full , so what should i be doing now ws

wetstreet

Re: Cubase Pro 8.5 Upgrade

Post by wetstreet »

HI Trying hard with the Download manager , it keeps getting cutting off , n finally now the steinberg logo says your term expired ..links to S Techinal support leads to distibutor in another country , why will they help me , when i purchased thru Asknet , n Ask net emailed me to contact S techinal support , which i tried so many times , its just not there any more .. Steinberg Please help me get the C 8.5 which i paid for several days back .. thanks ws

pulpfiction

Post by pulpfiction »

Crapped out for me also, heres what I done
use firefox
http://www.techsive.com/2014/09/how-to- ... ds-in.html

wetstreet

Post by wetstreet »

pulpfiction wrote:Crapped out for me also, heres what I done
use firefox
http://www.techsive.com/2014/09/how-to- ... ds-in.html

Thanks Pulpfiction , ill try it , but now , i get messeges my link has expired , no way to contact S Technical Support , n here Steinberg completely ignores my pleas :-(

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Post by Grim »

Don'y you have a link to download in your MySteinberg downloads section?
i7 5820k @3.7Ghz, 16Gb, W10Pro, Cubase 9.0x, Cubase 8.5.x, Audient iD22, Zoom UAC-2, Wavelab Elements 9.x, Nektar Impact GX61

wetstreet

Post by wetstreet »

Grim wrote:Don'y you have a link to download in your MySteinberg downloads section?
I dont see any links there , Just MY Products , Register elincecer sware , enter download access cose/ Reactivate register hardware. any any way if the server has been serviced etc , the link will not be in the same place again ??? but thanks anyway ws

silhouette

Post by silhouette »

Just a thought here. Have you installed the full Cubase 8? If you have you don't need the full installer only the smaller 8.5 upgrade as all the content in the 8.0.
Intel core i7 5960X CPU 3.0 GHz 64bit 32 gig RAM - Windows 10 - AMD RadeonHD 7700 - RME Fireface UC - Cubase 10.5 - UAD Solo + Duo + Quad - Nektar Panorama P1 - Komplete 12 - All uhe - Adam AX7 + Adam Sub 8 - BFD3 - Alchemy - PSP - FabFilter - Fender Telecaster- Wudtone Strat - Gibson L4, 335x2,330L,175 -Ibanez PM100 - Musicman Silhouette x 3 - Warwick Thumb Bass - Kemper Profiling Amp -https://soundcloud.com/silhouette-17

wetstreet

Post by wetstreet »

silhouette wrote:Just a thought here. Have you installed the full Cubase 8? If you have you don't need the full installer only the smaller 8.5 upgrade as all the content in the 8.0.
My Friend , i have cubase 6.5 , i purchased the Pro 8.5 upgrade , not a byte of the sale yet , yes i managed to down load the GA4 , as it was broken up in 2 gb parts , n it worked for me , though , it refuses to out put thru my zoom R8 , works otherwise , didnt hear a wimper tone so far.. my only suggestion to Steinberg , why not do the same break pu you done for GA 4 , to C pro 8.5 ?? ws

islandmusicpro

Post by islandmusicpro »

Easy here fella...
Back in the bronze age of dialup, I used a download manager called Getright, I still use it from time to time. Last time I downloaded an 80 GB sample library, so it works just fine. It's resumable, when IE's download manager (or other browsers for that matter) wasn't, because it's built for this one purpose.
Good luck,
Benji
Cubase Pro 10.5, Windows 10
Sibelius 7.5.1, Dorico Pro 3.5.10
http://www.yourmusic.pro

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Post by Grim »

Even with download manager it can be very difficult. The download servers seem to only allow a certain amount of resumes before cancelling the unfinished download.

There is a download link in this post you can try....I just checked and it's still live.

viewtopic.php?f=226&t=88781#p496815
i7 5820k @3.7Ghz, 16Gb, W10Pro, Cubase 9.0x, Cubase 8.5.x, Audient iD22, Zoom UAC-2, Wavelab Elements 9.x, Nektar Impact GX61

wetstreet

Post by wetstreet »

Hi , islandmusicpro and Grim , thanks , tried getright too , it starts and then stops saying its a zipped file !!!!!! yes i seen the link , but a 8/9 gb file , will not just work for me .. cant get thru S techinal support either .. my last option is to light some candles for Steinberg Team :-( ws

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Post by Grim »

If your connection isn't capable of downloading I think your best bet is to try and find one that will...office...school, internet cafe??

You might get lucky with support but you often see people complaining of a few weeks waiting for any response.

wetstreet

Post by wetstreet »

Grim wrote:If your connection isn't capable of downloading I think your best bet is to try and find one that will...office...school, internet cafe??

You might get lucky with support but you often see people complaining of a few weeks waiting for any response.

Thanks Grim , my internet connection is slow , but it did download 2 gb/s at a time of the GA4 ( 4 parts total ) , i got from the same server .. why not just break it up as they did wit GA4 ?

peakae
Grand Senior Member

Post by peakae »

And you are not downloading to a FAT32 or other format drive, that has a limit on file-size ?
Cubase Pro 10, Wavelab Elements 9, I7 3770K , win10x64, 16Gb Ram, RME Raydat, Steinberg MR816x, Motu 828mkII, Behringer ADA8200, Yamaha moXF6, Steinberg UR242, Yamaha THR 10, Grace Design m900, CMC TP, CMC CH.

wetstreet

Post by wetstreet »

FAT 32 , No all my drives are NTFS , on some pen drives FAT may be .. ws

wetstreet

Post by wetstreet »

Steinberg Team , some where around 15 Feb , i paid for GA4 and C Pro 8.5 upgrade , only got to download the GA4 , as it was a 2 GB break up , which worked for me , i cannot download a file 7/8 gb big , can you please break it up like it was done with GA 4 ?? How many times must i request ? ws

ruffindajungle

Post by ruffindajungle »

Updating from 8.5 to 8.5.1 and it says it's 13+ gb size. None of the files are cubase 8 all seems to be Groove agent etc etc. Are they adding so much new samples to those samplers etc etc. Why? Keeping this up with every little update and my SSD will be full due the coming of summer. You know how much ssd costs in macbooks? :evil:
Hackintosh i7 4790k, Sierra, Cubase 10, Halion 6, Groove Agent 4, Erica synth Fusion box, Sh101, Ob-6, Rme UCX, E352 cloud terrarium

peakae
Grand Senior Member

Post by peakae »

You could PM me for a link.
I have C8.5 on a server, but it is compressed using 7z to save some space, and in 700Mb parts.
Cubase Pro 10, Wavelab Elements 9, I7 3770K , win10x64, 16Gb Ram, RME Raydat, Steinberg MR816x, Motu 828mkII, Behringer ADA8200, Yamaha moXF6, Steinberg UR242, Yamaha THR 10, Grace Design m900, CMC TP, CMC CH.

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Post by Grim »

Updating from 8.5 to 8.5.1 and it says it's 13+ gb size
The 8.5.1 update for mac is under 900mb....Not sure what you're downloading??

ruffindajungle

Post by ruffindajungle »

I guess you were right all along. I thought that it's compressed and will be larger installed as this son of a pig installer told me on 2 different mac computers that "you don't have enough space, space needed was 13,4 GB". Way to go to make people nervous Steinberg!

Grim wrote:
Updating from 8.5 to 8.5.1 and it says it's 13+ gb size
The 8.5.1 update for mac is under 900mb....Not sure what you're downloading??
Hackintosh i7 4790k, Sierra, Cubase 10, Halion 6, Groove Agent 4, Erica synth Fusion box, Sh101, Ob-6, Rme UCX, E352 cloud terrarium

wetstreet

Post by wetstreet »

peakae wrote:You could PM me for a link.
I have C8.5 on a server, but it is compressed using 7z to save some space, and in 700Mb parts.
Thanks you Sir, , 700 MB would be a blessing , , Mine is a C 6.5 upgrade to C pro 8.5 for win 7 x 64 .. thanks again appreciate it ..
, how do i get to the Link thanks again ws , have PM you , but i dont see the mesg in the sent mesg folder only in the Out Box , hope you receive it thanks ws

nucube

Post by nucube »

They really need to have a few different links for downloads.One with just the installer and one for each library.I downloaded the installer for 8.5 and it took almost a day on my connection.I never use the groove agent etc libraries as I have lots of Native Instruments libraries so its a bit of a pain.Waiting for 9 gigs to download when all you need is the installer.

peakae
Grand Senior Member

Post by peakae »

wetstreet wrote:
peakae wrote:You could PM me for a link.
Thanks you Sir, , 700 MB would be a blessing , , Mine is a C 6.5 upgrade to C pro 8.5 for win 7 x 64 .. thanks again appreciate it ..
, how do i get to the Link thanks again ws , have PM you , but i dont see the mesg in the sent mesg folder only in the Out Box , hope you receive it thanks ws
Have received and sent you an PM, hope all goes well.
If you have any trouble just PM me.

wetstreet

Post by wetstreet »

ruffindajungle wrote:Updating from 8.5 to 8.5.1 and it says it's 13+ gb size. None of the files are cubase 8 all seems to be Groove agent etc etc. Are they adding so much new samples to those samplers etc etc. Why? Keeping this up with every little update and my SSD will be full due the coming of summer. You know how much ssd costs in macbooks? :evil:
Hi Completely agree , why add GA 1 etc , when one might probably never use it , even if used on an older file , taking up so much of precious hard disk n SSD space , slowing down the PC further, probably , as the drives have to go thru so much Data to find quickly the file you need , in stead , SB should make Break up the files in to some kind of well names n with version Nr , Modular plug in , and give clients both options , make 2 Installers one for the modular options and the regular full Installer , will make the world a better place i think ?????? and what a big Fuss just to get the DAW upgrade just due to the size , if this is the case how many clients , world over with slow connections , would SB have lost, when they might have tried dowloading a trial version, n forever given up , just for reason of big Byte file size, well i made my point, rest for SB to decide.. ws

wetstreet

Post by wetstreet »

Mr Peakae , it worked , I cant thank you enough, have not yet dont the .1 update , but will later , some how GA 4 , loads but not inside Cubase , ill figure that out some how thanks again . dont want to trouble you more .also Thanks Gullirmo , i understand you futher compressed it to 7 Gb , but still would not work for me , Love the Variaudio feature .. ws #

Return to “General”