How to make a Pattern always play from begining?

All topics on Groove Agent
raino
Grand Senior Member

How to make a Pattern always play from begining?

Post by raino »

I need some help in configuring Groove Agent. I'm trying to trigger Patterns to play using MIDI Parts with the trigger notes. I'd like it to play a Pattern from its start when it sees a note-on. Currently if the trigger note occurs on bar 2 then the Pattern will begin playback on its 2nd bar instead of the first bar. I want the Pattern start to align to the note-on and not to bars on the Project's timeline.

Cannot seem to find the right combination of settings to make that happen.
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.5, Win10 Home, Halion6, Groove Agent 5, WaveLab Pro 10, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Latest: Bawdy Politik https://rodgerraino.bandcamp.com/releases

mr.roos

Re: How to make a Pattern always play from begining?

Post by mr.roos »

If I understand you correctly, you're in pattern play mode, you have a Main pattern playing and you want another pattern (whether Beginning, Main or Fill, or End) to play immediately starting at the first bar of the pattern selected? Hm. So let's say the Main pattern is 8 bars. You want to play a Fill starting at bar two of the Main pattern, but you want the Fill to start it it's bar one? I don't think this is possible, Rodger, but maybe someone else does. I think the only way this could happen would be if you could create a 1/1 tempo pattern, but this isn't possible.

What does 'note-on' refer to? Is this midi lingo?
Cubase 10.5 Pro from SX3, WaveLab Pro 10, Groove Agent 5, iC Pro remote app, Win10 64-bit (2004 update installed - latest OS build always), Intel i7 8700 Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.2GHz, 32G DDR4 3200, Gigabyte Z390 Designare MB, Radeon RX570 Graphics card, Mackie 1640i (FireWire via TI chipset PCI-E card), 1K iRig Pads, StudioLogic Numa Compact 2X 88-Key, and Roland FP-30.

MikZak

Post by MikZak »

raino wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:32 am
I need some help in configuring Groove Agent. I'm trying to trigger Patterns to play using MIDI Parts with the trigger notes. I'd like it to play a Pattern from its start when it sees a note-on. Currently if the trigger note occurs on bar 2 then the Pattern will begin playback on its 2nd bar instead of the first bar. I want the Pattern start to align to the note-on and not to bars on the Project's timeline.

Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean you just have to click the "Sync to Beat" off (under "Show Pad Settings").
PC with Windows 10 64-bit. CPU: i7 (4 GHz). RAM: 16GB. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. UR824. Midi Keyboard: Komplete Kontrol s61. Cubase Pro 10.5. Groove Agent 5. The Grand 3. Komplete 10 Ultimate. EZdrummer. SD3

mr.roos

Post by mr.roos »

MikZak wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:23 pm
raino wrote:

Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean you just have to click the "Sync to Beat" off (under "Show Pad Settings").
MikZak, can you post a screen shot of this 'Sync to Beat' item is? Does it only show up when GA5 is loaded as a program in Cubase, or does it exist in the GA5 standalone app, as well? Thanks!
Cubase 10.5 Pro from SX3, WaveLab Pro 10, Groove Agent 5, iC Pro remote app, Win10 64-bit (2004 update installed - latest OS build always), Intel i7 8700 Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.2GHz, 32G DDR4 3200, Gigabyte Z390 Designare MB, Radeon RX570 Graphics card, Mackie 1640i (FireWire via TI chipset PCI-E card), 1K iRig Pads, StudioLogic Numa Compact 2X 88-Key, and Roland FP-30.

MikZak

Post by MikZak »

mr.roos wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:31 pm
MikZak wrote:
raino wrote:

MikZak, can you post a screen shot of this 'Sync to Beat' item is? Does it only show up when GA5 is loaded as a program in Cubase, or does it exist in the GA5 standalone app, as well? Thanks!
Hope this works! :)
Attachments
Sync to Beat.png
(59.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
PC with Windows 10 64-bit. CPU: i7 (4 GHz). RAM: 16GB. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. UR824. Midi Keyboard: Komplete Kontrol s61. Cubase Pro 10.5. Groove Agent 5. The Grand 3. Komplete 10 Ultimate. EZdrummer. SD3

mr.roos

Post by mr.roos »

Thanks! Actually it does, however not only do you have to click on this for the particular pattern, but you have to go to each Fill you might want to add to your finished beat and make sure you engage 'Sync to Beat' for it, too. But once you've done this you're all set to try your hand at keeping the tempo and feel tight. It's very much like my Ditto pedal (guitar looper pedal) and frankly, I think prefer the stock settings because it's just easier to get the job done. Too, you can 'swing' the feel and make things a little less robotic. Haha, but man, there is nothing wrong with a drummer that has perfect meter!!

Thanks for the screen shot, MikZak!

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino »

MikZak wrote:
raino wrote:

Thanks, turning it off worked. But I could (almost) swear that I'd tried that before posting. It is an obvious looking candidate after all. Must be cabin fever clouding my judgment.
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.5, Win10 Home, Halion6, Groove Agent 5, WaveLab Pro 10, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Latest: Bawdy Politik https://rodgerraino.bandcamp.com/releases

Return to “Groove Agent”