Behringer X-Touch Buttons playing Instruments

All topics on Groove Agent
ridge

Behringer X-Touch Buttons playing Instruments

Post by ridge »

Im using this to control Cubase and Groove Agent 4. I like the fact that you can select the track with Groove Agent 4 or SE and press the instrument button and page through to automation and set up the V-Pots to control the functions of individual instruments like Tuning, Room, Overhead on toms & snares or attack on Bow, Bell and Edge of cymbals. Much less hassle that faffing about with a mouse in one hand and a drumstick in the other.

Everything works fine as long as you take the time to read the Remote Control Devices for Mackie MCU Pro and use a template

https://forum.music-group.com/attachmen ... 1500303910

The only issue I have with is is that when buttons are pressed on the X-Touch it sounds an instrument in groove agent, e.g. a cymbal or a drum. Does anyone know how to silence it. All I want is the functionality of the buttons not to play instruments.

cheers

Home Studio 87

Re: Behringer X-Touch Buttons playing Instruments

Post by Home Studio 87 »

Midi setup : remove your XTouch from All Midi Input
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 4x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / 24 Ch X-Touch / CMC Controllers / iPad 2&3 Lemur / Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 /

ridge

Post by ridge »

cheers for that. Silence at last :-)

Denis van der Velde

Post by Denis van der Velde »

Yeah, on Mackie Control Pro also, disable the midi inputs.
I7 8core 16tread 32gb Aopen Board, SSD Samsung. C10,W10,Halion6,Groove Agent5,etc.
Running on 8ms Latency with a Soundblaster XFi Pro. Yamaha MW12c USB mixer.
Behringer TRUTH B2031A active studiomonitors. Sony MDR-V900 Headphones.
Steinberg CC121 Controller. Mackie Control Pro.

Denis van der Velde
http://www.curioza.com
AAMS Auto Audio Mastering System for Windows

mysteryspy2001

Post by mysteryspy2001 »

ridge wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:49 am
Im using this to control Cubase and Groove Agent 4. I like the fact that you can select the track with Groove Agent 4 or SE and press the instrument button and page through to automation and set up the V-Pots to control the functions of individual instruments like Tuning, Room, Overhead on toms & snares or attack on Bow, Bell and Edge of cymbals. Much less hassle that faffing about with a mouse in one hand and a drumstick in the other.

Everything works fine as long as you take the time to read the Remote Control Devices for Mackie MCU Pro and use a template

https://forum.music-group.com/attachmen ... 1500303910

The only issue I have with is is that when buttons are pressed on the X-Touch it sounds an instrument in groove agent, e.g. a cymbal or a drum. Does anyone know how to silence it. All I want is the functionality of the buttons not to play instruments.

cheers
I know that this is an older post but I am interested in purchasing an X Touch. Can you in fact use it to learn midi CC or control any VST instrument parameters with the faders or knobs besides using it as a mixer?

Return to “Groove Agent”