Hot tip (Robin can confirm?), I'm pretty sure graphical state has an impact on for example, level of click repair

Post questions and find answers on the latest SpectraLayers release here.
lovegames

Hot tip (Robin can confirm?), I'm pretty sure graphical state has an impact on for example, level of click repair

Post by lovegames »

Still testing this out,

but I'm pretty sure, and if you're new to the program this useful to know, because some of the editing processes are pixel based - for example, click repair/reduction - how you are zoomed in and to what FFT size you are using, will impact what the algorithms grab.

I have been experimenting with great success doing the same Click Repair process at different Zoom/FFT settings and it seems to grab different clicks.

Robin Lobel

Re: Hot tip (Robin can confirm?), I'm pretty sure graphical state has an impact on for example, level of click repair

Post by Robin Lobel »

Indeed - the documentation will be clarified with patch 2 to emphasize the importance of the FFT Size parameter.
Also coming with patch 2, a more efficient Click Repair algorithm :)
Robin Lobel - SpectraLayers creator and lead developer

lovegames

Re: Hot tip (Robin can confirm?), I'm pretty sure graphical state has an impact on for example, level of click repair

Post by lovegames »

Robin Lobel wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:52 pm
Indeed - the documentation will be clarified with patch 2 to emphasize the importance of the FFT Size parameter.
a 30 minute job became a 30 second job..........

It gets better? :D

Puma0382

Post by Puma0382 »

Thanks for (finding.!) pointing this out @lovegames - good catch...
System 1:- Win10 64bit, Gigabyte H81M m/board, Intel i7 4790 3.6Ghz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti, 2 x 22" HD monitors; Steinberg UR44; Cubase Pro v10.5.20, WaveLab Pro v10.0.40, Studio One v4.6.1, Dorico Elements v3.5.10, Addictive Drums 2, Komplete 12, StylusRMX

System 2:- Win10 32bit, Q6600 2.4 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, Delta 1010LT; Cubase Pro v8.0.40, WaveLab Pro v9.1.0, Komplete10, StylusRMX

lovegames

Post by lovegames »

Robin Lobel wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:52 pm
is it only FFT that has an impact?

Puma0382 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:50 pm
Thanks for (finding.!) pointing this out @lovegames - good catch...
another quirk is because you might have to push the FFT so the algo grabs more clicks in the high frequencies, you might want to split your work in half - doing the high frequencies first within a selection, and then reversing the FFT size to do the lower half of frequencies within a selection

Robin Lobel

Post by Robin Lobel »

Mainly FFT Size.
The Resolution parameter also has a small influence (just make sure it's set to at least x2), but not as much as FFT Size.

lovegames

Post by lovegames »

Robin Lobel wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:47 pm
Mainly FFT Size.
The Resolution parameter also has a small influence (just make sure it's set to at least x2), but not as much as FFT Size.
thanks good to know

Howl

Post by Howl »

Robin Lobel wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:47 pm
Mainly FFT Size.
that i didn't know, but is most of the times at x2. so it has, small, influence..
Cubase Pro 10.5.20. Spectralayers Pro 7.0.20. Wavelab Pro 10.0.40. I7 6700K, 32 Gb, 3 x SSD, 1 x HD, 1060gtx 6gb. Windows 10 Pro 64 (2004). motu ultralite mk3 hybrid. Mackie Control Universal. Behringer BCR 2000 - FCB 1010. Novation Zero SL MKII + SL 49 MKII. Nektar Panorama P1. Maschine MK3 + Jam. Roland MMP-2 pre-amp. rode NT1A. Wacom Bamboo CTH-461. push 2 + ableton live 10 suite. bitwig studio 3.2. reason 11 suite. reaper 6.x. NI komplete 11 ultimate + komplete 13. arturia v collection 7 & FX Bundle & spark 2 (+ CDM controller) & pigments 2. IK multimedia t-racks 5 standard with 40 "processors". softube modular. voltage modular. unfiltered audio, glitchmachines, meldaproduction, waves (gold + 25 or so). etc. etc.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

Robin Lobel

Post by Robin Lobel »

Yes, mostly an influence for time critical processes, for instance Reverb Reduction or Click Repair - but again, still a minor influence compared to FFT Size itself.

Return to “SpectraLayers 7”