Unexpected/Unintended result - ARA2 Unmix components/multiple layers bounce to silence in Cubase

Post questions and find answers on the latest SpectraLayers release here.
lovegames

Unexpected/Unintended result - ARA2 Unmix components/multiple layers bounce to silence in Cubase

Post by lovegames »

I realize that I have to fully merge all layers up to the parent channel/layer, but on first time use I did not foresee that and just expected that bouncing the event in Cubase would sum everything.

I'll do it correctly now, but, there is always the risk the this occurring accidentally if someone is fatigued or needing to work quick and there is no recourse as doing 'Undo' in Cubase will not return you to the ARA2 session as you had finished it so you'll have to start the ARA2/SL edit all over.

Robin Lobel

Re: Unexpected/Unintended result - ARA2 Unmix components/multiple layers bounce to silence in Cubase

Post by Robin Lobel »

It's actually an issue that's solved in the upcoming patch 2 (which should be released in the next 2 weeks).
Robin Lobel - SpectraLayers creator and lead developer

lovegames

Re: Unexpected/Unintended result - ARA2 Unmix components/multiple layers bounce to silence in Cubase

Post by lovegames »

Robin Lobel wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:46 pm
It's actually an issue that's solved in the upcoming patch 2 (which should be released in the next 2 weeks).
Oh awesome! I will then be able to remain slightly lazy :D

lovegames

Post by lovegames »

Robin Lobel wrote:
I'm glad this is getting patched, because I've slipped up a couple times even knowing of this quirk.... depends on my caffeine balance :D

Robin Lobel

Post by Robin Lobel »

check your PM :)

Iftekharul Anam

Post by Iftekharul Anam »

lovegames wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:25 pm
I realize that I have to fully merge all layers up to the parent channel/layer, but on first time use I did not foresee that and just expected that bouncing the event in Cubase would sum everything.

I'll do it correctly now, but, there is always the risk the this occurring accidentally if someone is fatigued or needing to work quick and there is no recourse as doing 'Undo' in Cubase will not return you to the ARA2 session as you had finished it so you'll have to start the ARA2/SL edit all over.
Same is happening in Nuendo. I thought I was doing something wrong. Anyway, I hope it is solved soon.
Nuendo 10
Windows 10
Wavelab Pro 9.5
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Ryzen™ 7 1700X, GTX 970

YouTube | Spotify | Insight Timer | Instagram

Robin Lobel

Post by Robin Lobel »

The patch should be out quite soon !

Robin Lobel

Post by Robin Lobel »

Iftekharul Anam

Post by Iftekharul Anam »

Wow! Thank you! 💜
Nuendo 10
Windows 10
Wavelab Pro 9.5
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Ryzen™ 7 1700X, GTX 970

YouTube | Spotify | Insight Timer | Instagram

lovegames

Post by lovegames »

Robin Lobel wrote:
I had this happen again for some reason, post update. I'm not exactly sure how, but I had all the layers solo'd, and I think one of the layers selected

Return to “SpectraLayers 7”