Wacom pad and SpectraLayers

Post questions and find answers on the latest SpectraLayers release here.
davidestevens

Wacom pad and SpectraLayers

Post by davidestevens »

I prefer to use a Wacom pad with my mac (and that makes sense for a graphically oriented app like SpectraLayers).

The cursor position, selecting tools, and parameter controls along the top of the window are all controllable with the pen.

But...
the overview selection area and the spectrograph don't respond to pen (ie mouse) clicks at all.

Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change, or does the Wacom not work at all with SL?

thanks

(I'm also finding that the magic mouse surface is a bit too overreactive with SL - I keep accidentally zooming the spectrograph vertically and horizontally with the slightest graze of a finger. Maybe I should dig out an old cabled mouse with a scroll wheel)

balinas

Re: Wacom pad and SpectraLayers

Post by balinas »

I have a Huion Kamvas surface, and it does work with SLpro7 in terms of selection of tools and selection of frequencies. But it seems a little quirky at times. Slight delay. And I do notice that with slider boxes, such as when changing Amplitude in the 'amplitude process, I cant change from 0 to 5 db increase, but the little keyboard opens and I can type in the number. Then the 'left' click with the pen on 'okay' works fine.

So a bit of a learning curve when using the Kamvas. How much I will be using the Huion Kamvas with SLpro7 may be limited for now.

I didn't see any specific settings in SLpro7 or in the Huion interface that would be specific to spectral editing. I will keep trying it out intermittently.
WIN 10 (2004), Intel i9 9900 5GHz, 32GB RAM, PreSonus Quantum2 through thunderbolt pcie, MCU-PRO, IKM iRig keys 49, Focusrite Asa ONE, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20,

Vas314

Post by Vas314 »

My Huion 1060Pro+ seems to work fine though have not fully tested it.
Cubase 10.0.30, S1 4.5, Reaper 6, FLS 20, Bidule - Windows 10 - 64bit, Focusrite 2i4, iPad Air as Midi Controller, 23" 10-touch monitor, ExpressionMate, Waves Horizon, Komplete 12, PSP, Eventide, Melda, Soundtoys, Hornet etc.

Robin Lobel

Post by Robin Lobel »

Yes, unfortunately wacom pad support on mac is not fully functionnal at the moment. Current plans are to improve this for patch 3.
The magic mouse surface/trackpad surface zoom sensitivity is also something that will likely be addressed in patch 3.
Robin Lobel - SpectraLayers creator and lead developer

davidestevens

Post by davidestevens »

Great news. IMHO it's much more intuitive (and easier on my wrists) to use an art pad instead of a mouse.

Return to “SpectraLayers 7”