SpectraLayers 7.0.10 update available

Post questions and find answers on the latest SpectraLayers release here.
Luis Dongo

SpectraLayers 7.0.10 update available

Post by Luis Dongo »

Dear Forum members,

We are happy to announce the immediate availability of the first maintenance update for Spectralayers Pro and Elements 7.

This update solves many compatibility issues with some VST 3 plug-ins as well as improving the stability of the application both as standalone and in ARA mode.

We recommend all SpectraLayers 7 users to install this update as soon as possible.

You can download it from the Steinberg website and via the Steinberg Download Assistant.

For detailed information, please refer to the corresponding version history.
Luis Dongo
Marketing Manager - Pro Audio

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud.

shyko

Re: SpectraLayers 7.0.10 update available

Post by shyko »

Thanks for keeping word! :)

Gonna install this now...
Windows 10 (1909);
Steinberg Nuendo 10.3, SpectraLayers 7, Wavelab 10;

Howl

Post by Howl »

ow sooner than expected, nice! and at the day, i can really use my studio again after the heatwave! so i am gonna play! thanks!!!
Cubase Pro 10.5.20. Spectralayers Pro 7.0.20. Wavelab Pro 10.0.40. I7 6700K, 32 Gb, 3 x SSD, 1 x HD, 1060gtx 6gb. Windows 10 Pro 64 (2004). motu ultralite mk3 hybrid. Mackie Control Universal. Behringer BCR 2000 - FCB 1010. Novation Zero SL MKII + SL 49 MKII. Nektar Panorama P1. Maschine MK3 + Jam. Roland MMP-2 pre-amp. rode NT1A. Wacom Bamboo CTH-461. push 2 + ableton live 10 suite. bitwig studio 3.2. reason 11 suite. reaper 6.x. NI komplete 11 ultimate + komplete 13. arturia v collection 7 & FX Bundle & spark 2 (+ CDM controller) & pigments 2. IK multimedia t-racks 5 standard with 40 "processors". softube modular. voltage modular. unfiltered audio, glitchmachines, meldaproduction, waves (gold + 25 or so). etc. etc.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

Flohre

Post by Flohre »

Still impossible scrubbing my Audio after having worked on it with Spectralayers.
MB: MSI X99a Mpower, Win 10/64 bit, Cubase 10.5, Wavelab 9, CC 121, Focusrite Liquid Channel, Apollo Twin USB, Focusrite LiquidMix, Samplitude ProX4, UAD Apollo Twin, diverse Plugins von Acustica Audio, Fabfilter, Waves, Softube, Plugin-Alliance, Kush Audio, Zynaptiq, Eiosis
http://www.florianpilz.com

Robin Lobel

Post by Robin Lobel »

Hi Flohre, as mentioned in your topic, it's a Cubase issue in this case.
Robin Lobel - SpectraLayers creator and lead developer

JesusSheep00a

Post by JesusSheep00a »

Spectral Layers Pro 7 is Finding Drums on a Piano Robin.

Poinzy

Post by Poinzy »

Is that the only problem you've encountered since the patch? If so, it sounds like everything's basically fixed.
Lover of fine things so long as I can get them cheap.

JesusSheep00a

Post by JesusSheep00a »

It seemed it the Ai Was Confused by the paint Parts of Paint was put in bass and other ass well was not expecting this to happen.

Poinzy

Post by Poinzy »

Apparently, I didn't phrase my question clearly.

Flohre

Post by Flohre »

Robin Lobel wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:52 pm
Hi Flohre, as mentioned in your topic, it's a Cubase issue in this case.
This is a Thread from:

Luis Dongo
Marketing Manager - Pro Audio
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

I think he should also know, there is a problem (or some). That´s why i replied to his Post.
By the way, when i post this Thread in the Cubase-forum, then i´m told that it´s a Spectralayers-topic, not a Cubase-Topic :D
MB: MSI X99a Mpower, Win 10/64 bit, Cubase 10.5, Wavelab 9, CC 121, Focusrite Liquid Channel, Apollo Twin USB, Focusrite LiquidMix, Samplitude ProX4, UAD Apollo Twin, diverse Plugins von Acustica Audio, Fabfilter, Waves, Softube, Plugin-Alliance, Kush Audio, Zynaptiq, Eiosis
http://www.florianpilz.com

Poinzy

Post by Poinzy »

Update seems stable. I'm not thrilled about the offline VST3 processing, but at least SL Elements supports VST3. Izotope RX doesn't support it at all.

Addendum: 27 Sep. Don't know why, but SL Elements 7 consumes a lot more RAM than programs of mine performing similar functions, e.g., Reaper with declicker and NR plug-ins. SLE also struggles with really large files, even at 24/48 -- a lot of lag in rendering, starting playback after the rendering is done. Oddly enough, the problems seem worse when I'm using the SLE alone than when I'm using it with Reaper. You'd think it would be the other way around.

The declicker in RX 7 beats the hell out of the SLE declicker, but the SLE denoiser is VERY nice, and extremely easy to use. I find the spectral repair tool in Reaper a bit easier to use than SLE eraser tool. I think I just can't maneuver the eraser tool precisely enough to take full advantage of it.

Return to “SpectraLayers 7”