Select Similar Crashes SL7

Post questions and find answers on the latest SpectraLayers release here.
ulesto

Select Similar Crashes SL7

Post by ulesto »

OSX 10.14.6 - In Stand-Alone (waiting for Extension fix), trying to Select Similar produces an instant crash of SpectraLayers Pro 7. This occurs both with Select Next and Select All. Crash Reports attached.
SLPro7-SelectSimilarCrashReports.zip
(43.99 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Mac Pro, OSX 10.14.6, MR816CSX, Cubase Pro 10.5, Wavelab Pro 10, Halion 6, Halion Sonic, HSO, Waves, UAD...

Robin Lobel

Re: Select Similar Crashes SL7

Post by Robin Lobel »

Unfortunately your CPU doesn't support AVX instructions, which is required to use Select Similar, Unmix Components and Clip Repair.
Mac usually support AVX instructions after 2010.
A future update might lift this restriction later this year.
Robin Lobel - SpectraLayers creator and lead developer

ulesto

Post by ulesto »

Oh wow. That's a big portion of SpectaLayers that is unusable. Wish I had known that before I spent a significant amount of money to buy it.

I appreciate your quick response and a glimmer of hope? Do you mean that you might remove this restriction from SpectraLayers? Or are you speaking of developments in OSX. I ask because if I want to keep using my Steinberg MRX I can't upgrade beyond Mohave. The latter places me in a prohibitive upgrade of many (even tens of) thousands of dollars for computer and interface. As you may know, Apple has costed the mac pro on par with a luxury vehicle, and Steinberg has dropped driver support for the MRX series. Seems like evaporating love anywhere for mid-range customers who are still able to lay out mere hundreds or smaller thousands at a time. Not your problem, I know. I knew this day would arrive, but didn't think it would cost so much to find out it was here already.

So is there a glimmer of hope for Spectralayers itself? Should I avoid Cubase 11? I know I am not the only one here who would be helped by a heads up.

Thanks Robin. Fingers crossed for this exciting tool.
Mac Pro, OSX 10.14.6, MR816CSX, Cubase Pro 10.5, Wavelab Pro 10, Halion 6, Halion Sonic, HSO, Waves, UAD...

Robin Lobel

Post by Robin Lobel »

Well, great news, I successfully lifted the AVX restriction today, much sooner than expected :) So it will also be part of wednesday's patch !

As far as I know Cubase 11 won't need AVX either, you should be good (I can't speak for the Cubase team though, I'm not involved in the development).
Robin Lobel - SpectraLayers creator and lead developer

ulesto

Post by ulesto »

Wow, again! Robin, it is a great pleasure to do business with you. Thanks very much for your prompt consideration. :D

Return to “SpectraLayers 7”