dspMixFx Functionality on Android

Post questions and find answers on Cubasis 3 for Android here.
utkugenc

dspMixFx Functionality on Android

Post by utkugenc »

Hi,

Since there isn't an Android version of dspmixfx software, does Cubasis have this functionality built-in? Will I be able to control the mixing and DSP functions of my UR44 interface?

Somehow relevant, is there a trial version that we can download? If I wont be able to control my UR44, it doesnt make a lot of sense to purchase Cubasis and invest on an Android migration.

Thanks!

Jeff Price

Re: dspMixFx Functionality on Android

Post by Jeff Price »

I too have the UR44 and i am hoping we will be able to connect it to an Android tablet now that we finally have Cubasis on Android.
PC= Win10 64bit, i9-9900K CPU Water cooled, GB Z390 Master MB, 32GB DDR4 3200mHZ Ram, GB RTX2080 Super Video card.
Software= Cubase Pro 10.5, Halion 6, Groove Agent 5, Dark Planet & plug-in's by Antares, FabFilter, Waves, All of Toontrack's stuff, BFD3, UVI Workstation & Native Instruments.
Hardware= UR-44, Pioneer S-DJ50X Studio monitors, CMC-PD,TP & CH, iRig Keys 37 Pro, Yamaha DTX-542K with 4 extra pads, Aria SB-40 Bass guitar and Jackson Flying V (Performer) & effects pedals.

LSlowak
Steinberg Employee

Post by LSlowak »

Hi all,
Since there isn't an Android version of dspmixfx software, does Cubasis have this functionality built-in? Will I be able to control the mixing and DSP functions of my UR44 interface?
Cubasis for Android does not support or include any dspMixFx related features.
Somehow relevant, is there a trial version that we can download? If I wont be able to control my UR44, it doesnt make a lot of sense to purchase Cubasis and invest on an Android migration.
For now, there is no trial version available, but we consider and evaluate options for a feasible Cubasis LE for Android release. Such kind of app could allow users to test drive a smaller Cubasis feature set in demo mode. Available releases will be announced through our regular channels.
I too have the UR44 and i am hoping we will be able to connect it to an Android tablet now that we finally have Cubasis on Android.
Cubasis for Android offers limited audio and MIDI hardware support only, Steinberg does not currently guarantee full compatibility.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars
Lars Slowak - Project Management & Team lead Cubasis
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

utkugenc

Post by utkugenc »

Thanks, Lars! Apparently, a lot of people are asking similar questions so it's nice to know that I am not alone here.
Cubasis for Android offers limited audio and MIDI hardware support only, Steinberg does not currently guarantee full compatibility.
Please forgive my bluntness but what's the point of Cubasis with limited audio and MIDI hardware support? If this is an alpha software, it's an expensive one indeed.

LSlowak
Steinberg Employee

Post by LSlowak »

Hi utkugenc,

Thank you for your message.
Please forgive my bluntness but what's the point of Cubasis with limited audio and MIDI hardware support? If this is an alpha software, it's an expensive one indeed.
We're pretty confident that Cubasis for Android is by ni means an alpha software.

If the app might be of interest for you, I'd suggest to give it a go and try it out.
There is the chance for a refund if things does not work as expected.

As of yet, many users seems to enjoy using the app (given the current app rating and feedback).

Best,
Lars
Lars Slowak - Project Management & Team lead Cubasis
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

Return to “Cubasis 3 for Android”