HSO - can't load more than a single instrument?

All topics on VST Sound Instrument Sets, VST Sound Loop Sets and Sequel Content Sets
Kimon

HSO - can't load more than a single instrument?

Post by Kimon »

I've been using Steinberg String Edition 2 for many years and the interface allows you to load 16 instruments vis 1 instance of the VST plugin.
I've just updated my system to 64 bit (with Cubase 8.5 Artist) and installed the HSO demo.
When I look up HSO on the web (for example the Sound n Sound review) the interface looks similar to String Edition, with 16 midi channels to load patches and an online PDF manual shows this too. However, my version has a different inface and I can't see how to load more than 1 channel.
Any help please?
Thanks!

ColinPark

Re: HSO - can't load more than a single instrument?

Post by ColinPark »

Not sure what interface you've looking at. I did check the review article, and it doesn't look like that anymore. HSO is loaded as a HALion sound. HALion itself provides multiple slots for multiple patches, which could all be HSO. It looks like this on my system:
HSO.png
(366.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Win 10 (64 bit), 3.5GHz i7-4770K, 32GB RAM, Sabertooth Z87, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB, RME fireface UFX, Novation 61SL MkII keyboard controller, Yamaha HS7 monitors. Cubase Pro 10.5.20], HALion 6, HALion Symphonic Orchestra, Dark Planet; Ozone 8 Adv, Neutron 3 Adv, Rx7 Std; Sonarworks Ref 4; Melodyne Studio 4.2.4.001

martytess

Post by martytess »

Same issue, is this a bad GUI or bad software?

felis

Post by felis »

Click the downward pointing arrow on the right side of the midi slot to fill.
A box will pop up. Select HSO and then select the sound you want to use.
Each channel is done the same way.

Return to “VST Sound Instrument Sets and Content Sets”